It used to be much more difficult for me to understand the Bible, not so much any more.
I’ve found that having listened to many different ministers throughout the years, I’ve gotten an informal theological education of sorts. A good thing too, since I dropped out of my World Religions class back in college. Honestly, the class was just too excruciating to sit through. Hard to listen to falsehoods when you know the truth.
Like most people who read the Books, I have my favorites. Taking a look at the Book Of Revelations, I came across chapter 20. FASCINATING. Apparently, I didn’t fully understand End Time events as well as I thought. What I’ve discovered reading this chapter is that there will be two resurections of humanity before it’s all over.
The first resurection will be for dead Christians because, ya know, you kinda have to die before you can be resurected. When Christ touches down on the Mount Of Olives at his second coming, worldwide earthquake and all, he will bring with him the resurected dead in Christ. They will meet him in the air before touchdown. These dead Christians won’t be in flesh bodies, but in perfect spiritual bodies. It has been said that everyone who is resurected to life eternal will be about the same age as Jesus was when he died here on earth, ya know, because he is the model that we are all supposed to follow. Duh.
What this means is that everyone in a spiritual body will be about 33 years old. Since Jesus was the model of perfection both here on Earth and in Heaven, we will be like him. When Jesus resurected after three days being dead, he came back in a spiritual body. That spiritual body looked just like his flesh body since, all the people who then saw him recognized him sooner or later. What this means is that the way that you look now in the flesh, will be the same way that you look throughout all of eternity. This is provided God doesn’t have you change the way you look to accomplish some task for him. Remember, Angels often take on various looks when working for the Lord.
What? You didn’t think that Heaven was a place of leisure where you just sat on a cloud and strummed a Harp all day, did you? No my friend, we are going to work for God, for all eternity. After all, God is a god of creation. He didn’t stop with the Angels, he didn’t stop with the Universe, he didn’t stop with the plants, he didn’t stop with the animals. Did he stop with Human Beings? I personally don’t think so. God will continue to create and guess who will be charged with keeping it maintained. Thats right, you and me.
So, when I took another look at Revelations chapter 20, I began to visualize it.
- The Devil will be chained and imprisoned and won’t be present for the Millenium. People will be able to look into the Bottomless Pit and gawk in amazement at how insignificant he really is.
- The Millenium (for those of you who don’t know) is called “The Lord’s Day”. One day to God equals a thousand years for humans. Jesus will rule the Earth for one of his days after he comes back therefore, it is called the Millenium. Interestingly, our sun will be extinguished and Jesus’s Glory will provide all light. Fascinating, huh?
- Just before Jesus sets his feet on Earth at his Second Coming, a trumpet will sound and an Archangel will shout (“ARISE” or “COME HERE” probably) and then all those Christians who have passed on will instantly be with him in the air. Some believe they will be the first because they simply were already with him, ya know, being already dead and all.
- Then, Christians who have managed to survive the Great Tribulation with their heads still attached to their shoulders (guess who I’m talking about) and all of the other horrors during that time, will then be instantly transformed(in the twinkling of an eye) into perfect spiritual bodies and meet everyone else in the air. Only then will Jesus feet touch the ground and shake the whole planet. NOW THATS REAL POWER.
- All of the unsaved people who survived the Great Tribulation, those who worshiped the Anti-Christ, will be given perfect spiritual bodies as well however, they will not be immortal. Remember, Death is the very last enemy defeated so consequently, they can still die. This will be a death of the soul as well as the perfect spiritual body they now have. Should they side with Satan after he is released for a short time at the end of the Millinium, they will then be judged and suffer death. Everyone else who died without Christ will suffer a Second and Final Death. Jesus will reside in a city called New Jeruselem and that is where everyone who met him in the air and recieved a spiritual body will live too. We will be the ones teaching humans how to overcome.
- There will still be sin and death in the world during this time however, Man nor the Devil is no longer in charge, Jesus is.
- At the end of the Millineum, the Devil will be released from his prison in the Bottomless Pit and will be free to decieve mankind again for a very short time. The Devil will attempt to attack Jesus and his people by surrounding New Jeruselem and God will destroy them. The Devil will then be cast into the Lake Of Fire with all of his fallen Angels first and humans decieved by him will be sent to Hell. Later, those foolish humans will be thrown into the Lake Of Fire also, after being judged by Jesus at the Great White Thrown Of Judgement. God the Father judges no man or woman, he gave that job to Jesus.
- Christians who met Jesus in the air at his Second Coming and whom now reside in perfect spiritual bodies, won’t be subjected to this judgement. They have already been redeemed by Jesus’s blood sacrifice for their sins. Judgement Day is only for the unsaved and, the outcome is already a forgone conclusion once there. Lake Of Fire. Why didn’t you accept Jesus’s gift?? All those saved during the Millinium will
- At the Great White throne of Judgement, those who refused Jesus’s gift and remained unrepentant will be grouped to the left of God. The unsaved persons life events will be read from a book and then another book called The Book Of Life will be checked for their name. No one there will have their name written in the Book Of Life. Jesus will then condemn them and order them away to be thrown into a lake of fire. They will remain there for all eternity, conscious and in torment. YIKES!
- Finally, God will pick up Hell itself and throw it into the Lake Of Fire, they will be merged